The AMSJ editorial staff will select submissions based on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Interesting subject matter, particular for a medical student readership.
- Originality (not necessarily original research, e.g. an original approach to a topic, or a review of an area that has not been extensively reviewed in the existing literature).
- Reasonably broad in scope (as opposed to extremely specific topics that would only be of interest to specialists in particular field).
- Well-written and researched.
- Address topics that would typically not be covered in core medical curricula.
Each issue will attempt to strike a balance between more scholarly and more general-interest articles. Furthermore, each issue will aim to include articles spanning a diverse range of fields.