Official 2016 Staff Recruitment Rounds Open
Official recruitment rounds for 2016 staff body are open! Details about how to apply are below.
All applications are due by 11.59pm AEST on Friday, 15th January 2016.
The Australian Medical Student Journal (AMSJ) is the national peer-reviewed biomedical journal for students. It is staffed entirely by medical students from around the country. As an AMSJ staff member you will have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a journal, work with colleagues from across Australia and be a part of a team that publishes the AMSJ.
Information for Applicants
Being a staff member of the AMSJ is a significant commitment of time and effort and should not be taken on lightly or by those who are over-committed in other areas. Most importantly, applicants should be genuinely keen to make a positive contribution to the AMSJ through executing assigned tasks effectively, promptly and whole-heartedly. The AMSJ is still a relatively young organisation and applicants must be eager to positively shape the journal through its formative years.
Applicants from ALL STATES in Australia are accepted provided that they will be able to attend meetings via Skype or Google Hangouts.
- External Department
- Directors and Deputy Directors (External)
- Sponsorship Officers x2
- Online Publications Officer
- Events Manager
- Publicity Officers x2
- University Representatives*
- *For ANU, Monash, Uni of Adelaide, Uni of Newcastle, UNE, UNSW, UQ, Uni of Sydney and UWA.
- Internal Department
- Deputy Director (Internal)
- Editors (Senior x2, Junior x3)
- Proof-Readers (Senior x2, Junior x2)
Full position descriptions are available here.
Applications must be submitted as a single four-page Word document emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For External Department positions, CC Thafer Ibrahim (External Director), email@example.com
- For Internal Department positions, CC Karen Du (Internal Director), firstname.lastname@example.org
Please carefully follow the outline below.
The application should be a Word document in size 12 Times New Roman font and should contain the following sections:
(a) Details Page (one page): This should include (in this order, with numbers):
- Full name
- Position being applied for
- Second preference position (optional)
- Year of degree (and total number of years)
- Undergraduate or postgraduate
- Previous degree (if applicable)
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- Residential address
- Name, position, phone number (preferably mobile), and email address of referee 1
- Name, position, phone number (preferably mobile), and email address of referee 2
(b) Cover Letter (one page): Outlining your suitability for the position you are applying for.
(c) Curriculum Vitae (two pages): Outlining your experience and achievements in areas that relate to the position you are applying for.
Applications will be reviewed by the AMSJ executive and interviews for candidates who progress past the first stage will be conducted via Skype or Google Hangouts. Successful applicants will join the AMSJ team beginning immediately and will be expected to remain with the journal for a term of at least one year.
Please contact email@example.com.